You’re a designer… which means you’re waaaay too busy creating all the beautiful things for your clients to worry about the boring stuff like tracking projects!
(Besides, you didn’t start a business so you could spend your time dealing with project management software.)
You’re focused on delivering impeccable results for your clients — which is what they pay you for, right?
And that process takes up A LOT of your mental space.
…But the whole time you’re knee-deep in Pinterest mood boards, getting inspired and creating concepts, they’re wondering what you’re doing, what they’re paying you for and when they’ll get to finally see something.
You’re already going to deliver an amazing result for them (obviously!). But if you really want to impress your clients – you need to make them feel seen, heard and cared for.
(Spoiler: leaving them hanging in your inbox is not the way to do it)
By giving them a way to communicate with you AND see where their project is at, you eliminate all of those awkward “heeeey, you still alive? Just checking to see where you’re at with my all-important-project?” emails.
That’s where Asana (arguably the best looking project management software out there) swoops in to save the day **unicorn whoosh sound**
This workflow will teach you exactly how to track and manage your projects in a way that frees up more headspace for your creative process.
Inside this workflow training, you’ll learn:
- The simple way to track your projects and never miss a due date again (without spending hours inputting and adjusting tasks and dates)
- How to turn emails into Asana tasks, so you can stop using your inbox as a to-do list (and falling down that all too familiar rabbit hole of replies and flash sales – oooh shiny new shoes!)
- How to finally figure out exactly how much client work you can fit into your week (so you can avoid overbooking yourself… again)
- The exact way to get your clients comfortable with using Asana (so that they’ll actually use it)
- And when to send project updates to avoid leaving them wondering (and thanks to the handy canned emails included, you’ll know exactly what to say!)
Use this workflow to bring your client service level up to match your amazing designs — and watch your clients swoon!